This month I am in the kitchen & out of the studio. My studio & basement are temporarily closed while we dry it out. We had a small flood & things got soggy & my studio got damp. All the carpet had to be pulled up & drywall cut out. There are dryers, dehumidifiers & air scrubbers down there for 3-5 days. So it’s going to be awhile to get it back in working order. Until then, I am going to show you how you can make lemonade into a yummy flavored lemonade. I enjoy flavored lemonades when I am out to eat. But I would also like some at home for myself or for entertaining. So one day I had some strawberries that needed to be used up so I thought I’d give it a shot & it turned out de-lish!
Lemonade (instead of water)
Bowl of cleaned & cut strawberries
- Add a handful of strawberries to blender with a little bit of lemonade. The lemonade helps it blend smoothly. Blend until it’s smooth & it’s not chunky.
- Take the blender pitcher & strain the liquified strawberries over a pitcher. Straining it will remove most seeds & any chunks that may not have been liquified.
- Repeat until all strawberries are used.
- Poor a little bit of strawberry juice in a glass & add lemonade.
- I use my glass mixing bowl that has a lid to store the strawberry juice in the frig.
- I don’t mix it together in a big pitcher for the whole family to use.
- I mix it one glass at a time.
- Mix as much or little together to get desired taste.
- I have also used this same method for watermelon.
Try it with other fruits & let me know what you tried and how you like it. I will be making this all summer to help me beat the heat!