Being a designer means always looking for new things. Trends, fonts, colors, whatever. Anything that makes the little wheels spin! So today I thought I’d share with you 10 of my favorite fonts right now. All of which are free for personal use, and most free for commercial use as well. Hip hip!
- arsenale white – Whimsical but bold enough to be seen. Please replace Comic Sans with this right away.
- bebas – A great headlining font. It holds a pattern well too because it’s so thick. Also great for cutting machines like the silhouette because of its hefty nature.
- cantabile – This is a sweetheart font without being too much-think Valentine’s cards boys could still pass out.
- Century Schoolbook (computer standard) – I love this font for its numbers more than anything. A classic for sure.
- Claire Hand – Hand drawn elements are on trend right now and this font knows how cool it is.
- Didot - A real italic is actually separately designed, not just slanted and Didot is my go to when I need a good, reliable, italic.
- Lavanderia – The pretty. The swishes. Need I say more?
- Matilde – Subtlety is Matilde’s middle name. It’s a very unassuming font but if you look close it has plenty of personality-just the kind I like.
- Mensch – Oh be still my thin-font-loving heart. This has four weights so feel free to turn up the volume-Mensch can handle it.
- Valencia – A little retro without being too much. Perfect!
Now go and play you guys!
which one is your favorite?
I’d love to see what you create using these fonts…be sure to share if you do!